Creating a promotional Read Across America flyer is as easy as ABC–edit, save, print! This annual event is HUGE, reaching far and wide across the nation. So, there are numerous ways to use this flyer to promote your event, including:
- Starting in February, use the flyer’s image to create promotional postcards to use in a mass mailing. Enclose a decorative paper bookmark printed with information about Read Across America and the date and time of your event.
- Post the flyer and/or leave stacks of flyers in places where caregivers and children frequent: libraries, parks, community centers, tutoring centers, schools, children’s organizations, clubs, pep rallies, football games, and sports centers.
- Ask children’s clothing store owners if they are willing to post the flyers on their shop’s windows or place stacks of flyer’s by store checkout.
- Dress staff members up in Dr. Seuss costumes or as children’s books and have them hand out flyers in the front of local bookstores, school supply stores, hospitals, and churches.
- Insert the flyer into promotional email messages and on all of your social media posts.
- Run a local, targeted Facebook ad using the flyers as your main image.
- Post the flyer on advertising displays at bus stops.
- Mail the flyers to locals schools so they can distribute them to teachers to post in classrooms or hallways.
- Visit NEA’s Read Across America website to discover resources and additional ideas for promoting your event.
What Fonts Do I Need?